Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not quite a winter wonderland...


It seems that winter has started in Paris , mind you its not like the winters I remember in Budapest , the deep frost , slightering over the streets, seeing Jackie mom's doggie play in the snow.

No its more like Paris winter is the nasty aunt that has stolen itself in the backdoor. Its wet and cold and slimy grey. Not the proper cold and frost that makes me want to bake cookies and think about christmas (far too soon I know, I know) just uncomfortable enough to wish myself far far away.Oh well I'm just crossing my fingers that when I'm back home for the holidays it will be cold enough to freeze the lakes near Austria,so I can iceskate when we go buy wine in the vinyards around there with mom n stepdad.

Had quite stressful day today my favourite collegue from work is gone to her grandads funeral sadly and thus not only is she sad and miserable it also makes work quite a bit harder for us.Poor girl she just broke down yesterday in front of us and I felt so bad for her, truly , but also very uncomfortable. Never know how to react when other people cry, even best friends, it just makes me freeze and feel bad that I'm so bad at comforting. Really stupid of me as I often burst out myself when I'm exhausted, but with others just can't cope.Just awkward .The whole thing made me think how weird it is that while I was at a wedding ths weekend her grandad was buried.( He was 80 and apparently lived a happy life) I'm not going to go into the whole circle of life funk here , but it made me think.

On a far more light note am thinking what fun things we could eat or do with DF this weekend. I am voting for Breakfast in America , haven't been in a while and just feel like I should enjoy my last 2 weeks before going on a radical hardcore diet for my next dressfitting in Dezember.I need to somehow approximae the weight I want to be next June , so I can avoid too many last minute alterations.Stupid stupid vanity , but whats the point in paying so much for the pictures if in the end I won't like myself in them. DF is 'lucky' he's running around in his job all day and quite a bit thinner, and might I add cuter (for one he has hair now) then when I first met him. Lucky bastard not only does he get to marry me but he desn't even have to diet.

No comments: