Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thimister Fashion Show











Wow had a fun if not extremely relaxing weekend. Saturday spent all day in the Grande Epicerie looking for foodie gifts for our trip . In the evening we were invited to a dinner party with friends ..
Sunday getting ready for the trip and then in the evening my fabulous friend Pia asked me to be her wing man at the Thimister fashion show.
It’s been a while since my last time . When I first arrived in Paris being part of all that and invited to fashion shows was my main goal . I got to work for Fashion File and for about 2 years did all the fashion weeks either from the press pit or (when my boss was nice) with seated invites. It was fun and insane at the same time and I got to make friends with some of the camera/photo guys and see some incredible shows, Lacroix Haute Couture ( my personal favorite ) Chanel YSL etc.. But then I got a bit tired of the circus , changed jobs and so yesterday was my first show after a long time.
Thimister was the opening show of the couture week , with a Russian / military theme and though I’m not usually into the Dutch design sensibility ( Ann Demeulemeester etc) it was cool and a bit wacky and had some lovely dresses, and it was fun running into old acquaintances being seated in the front row across from L’Oreal heiress Mme. Liliane Bettencourt ( you can see her in the corner gaping at the models in some of the photos I took ) . Not to mention how nice it was to be there with my friend Pia, have somebody to chat about it and enjoy it for the fun it is, without it being my job to be there.

All photos by me with my tiny Canon

No comments: