Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dreaming on...





Mommy is having some marital worries that have me worried and though DF and me are doing great it shows me how hard marriage can be. Even when one knows the other for years there is always issues to deal with.
So I'm dreaming on and away from the mess, and will share my dream house with ya'all. By some funny irony my absolute dream house is the villa Christian Dior grew up in (am working for Dior now and less then loving it). Its very bourgois , surrounded by an English garden and overlooks a cliff.

Absolutely georgeous, makes me project all my gardening , child rearing phantasies on it. I first saw an image of the villa when I was 14 in a magazine cut it out and pinned it on one of my wall collages. So this house has been in my phantasy for quite some time. (And yeah its pink) Today it is a museum , showcasing some of Dior's earliest designs and photo exhibitions. Told DF today that we should go sometime as a little weekend trip. But really I just want to meet my dream house, even if it completely unobtainable.

And speaking of unobtainable Dior related stuff how about that 50's wedding dress designed by the master himself that would be so perfect for a Marie (official) wedding dress. As for the rings if I ever had the choice to choose an engagement ring version that doesn't feature a center diamond, these Dior Gwendoline rings are amazing. Graceful and poetic (made of white or red coral and gold) I prefer white, though I know a certain J. who has the perfect fitting red rose earrings so I thought I'd include both versions.

Enough of the Dior centered stuff. DF and me just ordered our invites and though we had some back and forth on the topic of wording in the end we did include both my mom and my stepdad on the host line. We also started working on the information sheet we will include in our invites for out of towners. I will make them public here at a later date as we are including some Budapest travel tips, and found some nice hotels , though when it comes to cosy romantic hotels my belowed hometown isn't up to scratch.

All pictures from www.ville-granville.fr and www.musee-dior-granville.com and diorcouture.com

No comments: