Friday, January 2, 2009

The year!


Ah a new year , new beginnings and all that.

2009 did start pretty well. Had a very grown up new year celerating at Juveniles (wine bar near Palais Royal) with friends amazing food and well lots of wine and champs.
The tiny restaurant was filled with lovely people kind of like one big dinner party, then we moved on to the Caveau de Montpensier (bar where DF used to work) and had a few more drinks ,then crawled back home by 5am, though I must say those last few did me in and I had a massive hungover on the first. Not helped by the fact that DF decided to make himself a lovely english fry up with bacon eggs and the like while I was officially on my first day of diet.He did bring me a bouquet of roses in the afternoon, to start the year right, so all was forgiven.

Today it was back to work , but for once we get to spend a whole weekend together which is very exciting. I have surprise date for DF planned tomorrow and we're going to the Fumoir for brunch with a bunch of friends on Sunday. Am very excited as its been a while that we could plan weekend things together like normal people , and taking over the big table at the Fumoir with friends is always fun, even if I'll have to take a little break in my diet for their eggs benedict.

2009 makes it official. We are getting married in 6 months , its insane , really, just the thought, and so soon. No cold feet though just a bit increulous at how grown up that sounds.

Oh and our invitations arrived from the States along with my earrings . Both are beautiful, the earring are perfect, a bit bling but not too big and will work nicely with a half-updo.

The invitations are elegant but..... well..... HUGE!!As in twice the size I imagined. Almost a bit embarrased. They have the perfect colour and everything , only the size does make it feel a bit like we are inviting to a state dinner. Oh well I just hope they wont raise expectations too high.

No comments: