Wednesday, January 14, 2009


My mom did the sweetest thing yesterday , she sent me a care-package. Yup I'm 26 and got a care package from my mom yesterday , funny , but it made me very very happy. Wasn't anything special just my favourite lip balm that i'm out of and cant get in France and an Audrey Hepburn postcard and Volker Schlondorffs a Love of Swann dvd. One of her gifts for Christmas was Prousts A love of Swann( might have translated that wrong as the book is in German) and I've been complaining to her how very pretentious and cynical I find Proust , so she sent me the movie to sweeten it , I guess.

Either way it was lovely. Epecially since I'm sightly stressed out work is very very busy, though even when it gets stressful its still fun essentially its a very girly office. All of us tell each other about our relationships and exchane all kinds of info from what to do against UTI to sugar-olive oil scrub( my secret soft skin weapon) to what we bought on lunchbreak etc etc... it just goes on we bought our boss slippers so she can take of her sky high boots in the office and still look inconspicous when the big boss comes in ( they are audrey hepburn style with a ferragamo bow)and feted her birthhday today with rose champagne and 3 kinds of cake.

As for all things wedding , am slightly getting pissed off at our planner. She promised to send over trial menu before christmas and nothing yet , we are going back to Budapest in 2 weeks and need to have acaterer set, so we can try the foods) ahhh exactly why I hired a planner was that i didnt wanna sit in paris and worry bout things not getting organized and its happening!Just crossing my fingers...

At least our invites go out this weekend, so we can tick off another thing from our list. Oh yeah nd I'm on a radical sugar rehab , aka diet, which as far as healthy foods go is fine by me , but im in near desperation without sweets, thus the rehab.which is making me think of how i'd love cupcakes which made me think of Nigella (adore her) so there you have it Nigella with cupcakes curtesy of the dailymail.co.uk.

No comments: