Monday, May 17, 2010

Books and Candy..




I finally figured out my perfect book scheme. I keep going to WHSmiths,to browse and for magazines and tea. As for the books... I make notes of all the books I like then go home ad put them on my amazon. uk wishlist , and every few weeks I order a load of them. Works for me and its gives me lil mini (book) Christmas every few weeks, but at least I don't feel beaten down by crazy WHSmith Paris prices.

Am completely enthralled with Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert , its exactly the book i needed right now. Whenever in my life I need to figure out for myself something I like to read and study it . Problem is that marriage as such has either the boring survey/ study books , or the silly slf help books ( how to save a bad marriage etc) but marriage as such ... its hard to find something interesting and wortwhile. Weird really , there is sooo much about finding the guy ,planning the wedding,raising the kids, but marriage I guess as a topic is simply not sexy enough. Either way Committed is great ( even tho I wasn't crazy about Eat, Pray Love), part novel , part family biography , some history some philosophy some survey and biology mixed it . Its a bit indefinable as a book but then again so is the subject matter , really.

Oh and what's more heavenly then spending an afternoon reading books magazines with some good tea and candy .. ( just one of my private ideas of heaven) on one of my last ramblings around the city with my friend D. we found this charming old school candy shop in the 5th near Metro Cardinal Lemoine. ( of course neither remember the name nor the address but its really close to the Sugarplum Cake Shop ( in itself worth a trip to the 5th) , so enjoy the search for candy..

No comments: