Tuesday, December 9, 2008



Wow just got home from watching the Changeling, Angelina played amazingly and superbly directed by Eastwood as always yet for a Tuesday nite what a haunting movie... could imagine more uplifting choices. It was my fault I was curious and didnt imagine it to be such a harrowing story.

On to more pleasant topics though,haven't checked in yesterday cause I cut up my hand and needed to tend to it , as there was not a smidget of band-aid or bandage in the house, fun times.

The weekend , well the one day I had (worked Saturday) my friend D. came over and we baked German christmas cookies and American cookies and generally baheved like 50's housewifes talkin about kitchenaid's and wedding lists and gossiping whilst baking in the kitchen. It was quite funny when the irony dawned on us. One of those rare moments when I was quite happy to know that i'm working.

Oh and DF and me finally started putting together our list. Got in a fight about it too , but hey the making up was sweet, and we compromised. Made sure we added mostly affordable stuff around 50-100Euros. Though the woman who put together the base list added these abolutely georgeos 1930's brown leather club fauteils, which of course cost a fortune , but are so divine that I don't have the heart to take them off the list.Nobody will buy them as they are exorbitant, but just having them there... They are so Mad Men , you can literally see yourself reclining in them with a whisky in a cut christal glas and a cigar in the other hand....

Yeah love Mad Men , my current fave show, Pic from vanityfair.com, pic of the fauteils from our list from 1001listes.com

1 comment:

Joanna Goddard said...

i love those chairs. definitely keep them on your list, even if it's just for fun! :)